Skip to main content

Polarfox App review

This article was written for Yatta Magazine and Yatta Media and published on June 26th 2012.

Polarfox is a free desktop application for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux that lets you beautify, save and multi-post images to social networks, blogs and clouds.


If there was ever a product summary that made sense, it was Polarfox App. Just as it says on the label, this wonderful desktop application lets you take any image you so wish to edit and share with stunning results across the board.
At the core, Polarfox App is a simple program with simple ideas. You have two sets of editing options open to you. You can edit the image itself right away with changes such as hue and saturation. But where the app really stands out is the use of the many available filters it has to offer. If you wanted me to sum this up in a few words I would say that “Polarfox App does for desktops, what Instagram does for mobile, but better”. However, summing up Polarfox App in a nutshell isn’t fair. So let me continue.

In a time where most of us are taking pictures, spending more time online and sharing content faster than ever, it’s important to stand out. Polarfox App lets you do just that. Say you have a picture of you and some friends on a night out and you are going to upload it to facebook. With Polarfox you can make that one image more visually stunning and attractive with a few simple clicks. Add a ‘Tokyo’ filter to really get the blues and purples drawing the viewer in. Raise the brightness a tad and get ready to share. With one-time login to many different social networks, you’ll be ready to share to all of them with just one simple click.



It’s simple, fast, effective and beautiful. Not only that but the controls are so easy to use that anyone can get full control of the application in a short amount of time.
Of course there are few things that Polarfox does have issues with. None of these ruin the experience but they can be an issue for a small number of users. The main one is the interface itself. It’s very simple, maybe too simple. I personally find it rather nice with a good style and once you know which each button does, you’ll be fine. That said I think some people will find it hard to work with. An option to switch the interface around a little would be nice. On that note, users may find a few issues here and there with the sizing and spacing of some of the elements within the application window, however this isn’t really a negative. After all the app is still in development and that is a key fact to remember.
At the end of the day, the small negative points of Polarfox don’t matter. They are so out of the way and will more than likely be sorted in a soon-to-be release update that I see no need to point them out. The overall experience I’ve had editing some photos and sharing them has been a joyful one. It’s not as powerful as Photoshop, if you wanted to compare it to that, but it’s a solid and simple experience which gets the jobs done fast and with style.

Polarfox App is, as I said at the start, the Instagram of the desktop world. It’s simple, fast, beautiful and a joyful experience. I’m really looking forward to seeing how it develops over the coming months.
If you're looking for a simple way to spice up your photos, make sure to check out Polarfox App
You can also follow on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Progress #1

As a huge fan of Anime and Manga, I work my way through a fair few different shows and series at a nice speed.  Recently however, due to exams, I've been a bit to busy to have time to watch as much anime as I would like, but I still get there. It's also the reason this post is a day late. So here is what I'm going to do, 'Anime Progress'!  This series of posts will showcase what anime's I am watching both currently and next planed. I may also touch on the one I just finished. These won't be reviews, but house a few small reasons as to why I am/have been watching it. Let's start. Recently finished: Nyan Koi Romantic Comedy ,  Supernatural A short but very sweet series this was. For a show that is a bit over the top is many areas I couldn't help myself but watch Nyan Koi and my gosh, was it good! From the comedy of every minute to the on going and deep love plot, it's a joy to watch and no moment is boring. You have lots of

WHY U NO POST!?

Trying to keep my personal life and work life apart has always been one of the hardest challenges for me.  In recent weeks the amount of work I have to do for projects and clients in always going up. For every one job I get done about two more come in. It's a slow battle which I'm losing. Even now, I have about four over due projects to finish. Life can be crazy huh?  But never fear, for I have good news. Soon I'll be back to blogging!  When I'm not sure, time is my enemy at the minute but I'll try and get back into blogging as soon as I can. Posts may be few and far between but I want to come back to it. So don't worry.  For now, It's back to waiting for the train...